Nelson - Whitewater Ski Resort
Deep Dry Powder, Epic Tree Skiing and the Best On-hill Food.
Nelson, BC, Canada - Nestled on the shores of Kootenay Lake, Nelson's gorgeous natural setting makes the city and surrounding region a year-round recreational destination for visitors. Experience the limitless opportunities for hiking, biking, skiing, water sports, fishing, golf and much more. After a day in the mountains or on the lake, treat yourself to a meal in one of the city's many fine restaurants, and discover the charms of Nelson's restored heritage downtown.
Attracting attention from around the world, Whitewater ski resort, located outside of Nelson BC, is known for one thing… POWDER.
Whitewater Ski Resort
Cradled in the heart of British Columbia’s legendary Selkirk Mountains and renowned for epic winters, Whitewater BC Ski Resort hosts a dependable dry snowfall that often totals more than 12 metres a season, that’s more than 40 feet! Far from the maddening crowds of the mega resorts, Whitewater owes its well-deserved laid back reputation to short lift lines, reasonable prices and big hospitality.
Mountain Statistics & Trail Map:
- Average Snowfall12 m /40 feet!
- Elevation Glory Ridge Lift Base: 1422 metres/4666 feet
- Glory Ridge Lift Top: 2045 metres/6710 feet
- Lodge base: 1646 metres/5400 feet
- Summit Lift Top: 2042 metres/6700 feet
- Ymir Peak: 2398 metres/7867 feet
- Vertical Drop: 623 metres/2044 feet
- Alpine Skiable Terrain: 479 ha/1184 acres
- Average Winter Temperature: –8º C/18º F
- Lifts:1 triple chair lift (Glory Ridge), 2 double chair lifts (Silver King andSummit Chair)
& one handle tow (The Hummer)
- Alpine Terrain: 81 runs, groomed, open bowls, glades, chutes, and tree skiing
- 10% Easiest (8 runs),32% More Difficult (26 runs),47% Most Difficult (38 runs),
11% Expert (9 runs)
- Rail Park - up to 12 features